Taungurung Land and Waters Council
A rewarding employment opportunity for a VGO Coordinator has become available at the Taungurung Land and Waters Council (TLaWC). We are the corporate representative of the Taungurung people. As a Registered Aboriginal Party (2009), TLaWC serves to uphold the interests of Taungurung people with respect to Culture and Country.
This role will establish and maintain processes and relationships to address legal obligations and support Parks Victoria’s delivery of Victoria’s Great Outdoors and Public Land Economic Stimulus Programs – a significant government investment in recreation infrastructure to improve access to nature.
Status: Part time, 0.6 FTE (12 month contract)
Benefits to working with TLaWC:
- Paid days off over the Christmas period
- NFP Salary sacrifice benefits
- Additional tax-free salary packaging on dining and accommodation expenses
- Training and development opportunities
- Access to free and confidential Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Contributing to useful and rewarding work and giving back to the community
Full Job Description available here
- In collaboration with TLaWC colleagues and Parks Victoria staff, coordinate TLaWC’s input into the delivery of Victoria’s Great Outdoors (VGO) Public Land Economic Stimulus (PLES) programs through the frameworks of the Recognition and Settlement Agreement (especially, the Natural Resource Agreement and Land Use Activity Agreement)
- Work in partnership with Victoria’s Great Outdoors staff at Parks Victoria to build and maintain effective relationships to support delivery of the VGO and PLES programs across Taungurung Country. Plus assisting Parks Victoria to ensure VGO and PLES project milestones are met
- Assist TLaWC in the provision of advice on protection of Aboriginal cultural heritage during the development and maintenance of recreation sites within the VGO Program
- Work with Parks Victoria to establish processes for shared project planning and delivery of Victoria’s Great Outdoors projects
- Identify opportunities for VGO and PLES programs delivery to align with Traditional Owner rights and aspirations and assist the Department to realise those rights and aspirations
- Coordinate the development of content for interpretive and naming signs for VGO and PLES projects
- Participate in Parks Victoria forums to support the planning, governance, coordination and delivery of Victoria’s Great Outdoors program and Public Land Stimulus programs and Taungurung participation in decision-making about Country
- Support the implementation of Traditional Owner rights under the Traditional Owner Settlement Act 2010, including the negotiation of activities identified through the Land Use Activity Agreement and Natural Resource Agreement
- Develop appropriate monitoring and evaluation approaches, which seek to track success indicators against implementation of the Workplan and ensure that reporting obligations are met.
- Submit the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Document addressing the key selection criteria
- Details of two professional referees
Applications close 22 July.
If you have any questions before making a formal application, please contact – Matt Shanks on 0439 619 813
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.