Taungurung Land and Waters Council
TLaWC has an exciting new opportunity for a Tourism Development Manager. This person will be responsible for the development and implementation of TLaWC tourism enterprise activity as a commercially sustainable and culturally appropriate initiative on Taungurung Country.
- $85,000 – $95,000 plus superannuation
- Full Time
- Usual work location: Broadford (some flexibility to work from home may be available)
- Lead the development of a clear, detailed and realistic TLaWC tourism strategy for commercially sustainable, market-sensitive, culturally appropriate Taungurung tourism initiatives on Country, building on the preparatory work already undertaken
- Lead the establishment of tourism product in a timely manner, so as to make maximum positive use of the funding provided by the State Government for that purpose
- Identify appropriate tourism opportunities for subsidiary Taungurung income-earning activities as they arise
- Take responsibility for the development of tourism product with best-practice operations – logistics, booking systems, marketing arrangements, training of Taungurung tour guides, and customer service issues all properly addressed
- Form collaborative partnerships with relevant industry, local business, government and other stakeholders to support appropriate tourism development and extend the reach of TLaWC tourism products and associated benefits for Taungurung people
- Manage and support the project co-ordinator
- Develop a strong network of Taungurung guides/tourism staff
- Take responsibility for reporting on progress to funding bodies and ensuring funding is spent appropriately – on time and on budget
Key Selection Criteria
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in any of the following: tourism, project management, economic development, or marketing – or significant relevant industry experience.
- Proven tourism industry experience
- Project management experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills and stakeholder management capacity
- Personal qualities of integrity, good judgment and emotional intelligence
- A proven ability to ‘make things happen’
- Knowledge of the Victorian domestic tourism landscape
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.