Taungurung Land and Waters Council
A rewarding employment opportunity for a Technical Advisor – Private Land Planning and Development has become available at the Taungurung Land and Waters Council (TLaWC). We are the corporate representative of the Taungurung people. As a Registered Aboriginal Party (2009), TLaWC serves to uphold the interests of Taungurung people with respect to Culture and Country.
The Technical Advisor, Private Land Planning and Development will undertake planning for, and coordination of, private land development and management. The Technical Advisor will be responsible for a range of specific, multi-faceted projects which ultimately support Taungurung Cultural and Natural Resource Management priorities towards healing and caring for Country.
Status: Full time (fixed term 24 months)
Benefits to working with TLaWC:
- Paid days off over the Christmas period
- NFP Salary sacrifice benefits
- Additional tax-free salary packaging on dining and accommodation expenses
- Training and development opportunities
- Access to free and confidential Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Contributing to useful and rewarding work and giving back to the community
Full Job Description available here
- Support TLaWC’s work towards improved access and rights to private land areas on Taungurung Country in line with the cultural, environmental and economic aspirations of TLaWC, guided by the Taungurung Community.
- Develop property management plans that respond to cultural objectives (to heal, protect and enhance biocultural values) and that are consistent with other culturally informed planning for culturally valued species, cultural reserves and cultural landscapes.
- Support the development and management of internal processes required for the selection, acquisition, planning, development and management of private land by Taungurung Land and Waters Council.
- In coordination with Taungurung knowledge holders and other subject matter specialists, apply models for applying cultural land management practices to TLaWC owned land.
- Develop and implement property management plans that respond to cultural objectives (to heal, protect and enhance biocultural values) and that are consistent with other culturally informed planning for culturally valued species, cultural reserves and cultural landscapes.
- Support development of partnerships and enterprise opportunities to resource the healing and management of TLaWC owned properties.
- Coordinate assigned projects under the TLaWC Private Land Acquisition and Development Strategy, including facilitating input from multi-disciplinary expert staff and external contractors and collaborators.
- Other duties as directed by the Private Land Acquisition and Development Program Coordinator.
- Submit the following documents to email@example.com;
- Document addressing the key selection criteria
- Details of two professional referees
Applications close 22 July.
If you have any questions before making a formal application, please contact – Jen Grindrod on 0427 792 340
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.