The position of RSA Administration Officer is a 12 month contract (initially) and is responsible for the provision of operational administration in relation to TLaWC’s responsibilities under the Recognition and Settlement Agreement (RSA), with particular focus on the Land Use Activity Agreement (LUAA).
- Support the provision of professional technical, planning and communication services in relation to the implementation of the Taungurung Recognition and Settlement Agreement.
- Monitor policy and strategy settings against agreements outcomes.
- Assist in developing partnerships with relevant government departments and agencies in the implementation of the RSA.
- Work closely with TLaWC on-Country teams, including Biik Environmental, to provide advice and direction regarding TLaWC projects and activities.
- Assist in the provision of advice on the implementation of RSA activities in relation to the aspirations set out in the Taungurung Country Plan.
- Participate in the education of the public with respect to the Taungurung agreements.
- Ensure that the Land Use Activity Agreement is administered appropriately within agreed timeframes.
Required knowledge and skills
- Degree qualifications in a relevant discipline – such as the following: project management, law, natural resource management, public administration.
- Demonstrable analytical and problem solving skills.
- Good communication and relationship-building skills and an ability to relate well to agency partners and other stakeholders.
- An ability to work well as part of a small team committed to Taungurung benefits and well-being.
- A demonstrable ability to manage and organize work in order to meet deadlines and budgets.
- An understanding of the historical and legal context of the RSA and of its significance for the Taungurung people.
- A high level of computer literacy, including mapping software, as well as the standard MS Office applications.
- A sound understanding of all the components of the Taungurung RSA.
- Good professional judgment and confident decision-making in relation to core duties
- High ethical standards and personal integrity
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in relation to sensitive information
- A strong work ethic and an ability to attend to duties without constant supervision and direction
- Strong organizing and time management habits
- A high degree of emotional intelligence
Adherence to Code of Conduct
All TLaWC staff must comply fully with the staff Code of Conduct.
Key Performance Indicators
- There is strong administrative support and advice provided to the RSA Implementation team
- The position contributes well to maximising community benefits for Taungurung people
- Strong and productive relationships are developed with State agencies, local government & other LUAA stakeholders
- LUAA compliance requirements are consistently met
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.