Taungurung Land and Waters Council
TLaWC has an exciting new opportunity for a RAP Manager. This role will be responsible for the overall management and execution of TLaWC responsibilities under the Aboriginal Heritage Act 2006 in relation to cultural heritage.
- Salary $88,955 – $92,948
- Based in Alexandra
- Full Time
Applications close June 24
- Successfully coordinate the legislative responsibilities of the Registered Aboriginal Party in relation to the Aboriginal Heritage Act 2006.
- Statutory cultural heritage management tasks. Ensure the process and documentation is managed for the efficient delivery of heritage assessments; including responding and logging all notices of intent to prepare a CHMP, evaluation and reporting all CHMP as required
- Identify strategic goals for the cultural heritage team and outline a strategic plan in line with organization objectives
- Administration tasks are carried out to a high standard including;
- Cultural heritage assessments and reports
- Development of an annual budget and business plan
- Strategic goals and business plan
- Monthly CEO reports
- Accurate rostering of field staff
- Manage TLaWC Cultural Business records management system
- Ensure the policies and procedures of the RAP functions are implemented, reviewed and remain operationally effective
- Effective management of direct reports to ensure the following is adhered to; training, rostering, site visits and performance management
- Upskilling and training staff to ensure we have a highly skilled cultural heritage team
- Ensure field staff are adhering to OHS compliance requirements including wearing PPE, appropriate training and adherence to OHS policy and procedure
- Influence, negotiate and liaise with Stakeholders, government and consultants as necessary to build and support business and commercial relationships
- Identify external funding opportunities relating to the documentation and management of cultural heritage
- Conduct other duties as are required to maintain the efficient operation of TLaWC Cultural Heritage Business Unit
- Extensive experience in Cultural and Natural Resource Management
- Proven experience in developing and implementing strategic goals
- High level administration skills
- Strong staff management experience
- Relevant qualifications such as; Cultural and Natural Resource Management, archaeology, conservation and land management.
- Experience in use of computer software such as Microsoft Office, GIS Software, internet and email, publisher and project management databases.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.