Taungurung Land and Waters Council
Establish and maintain processes and relationships to support Parks Victoria’s delivery of Victoria’s Great Outdoors and Public Land Economic Stimulus Programs – a significant government investment in recreation infrastructure to improve access to nature.
- Fixed term, 2 year contract
- $87,640 – $89,608 pro rata (0.6 position)
Applications close June 10
- In collaboration with TLaWC colleagues and Parks Victoria staff, coordinate TLaWC’s input into the delivery of Victoria’s Great Outdoors (VGO) Public Land Economic Stimulus (PLES) programs through the frameworks of the Recognition and Settlement Agreement (especially, the Natural Resource Agreement and Land Use Activity Agreement)
- Work in partnership with Victoria’s Great Outdoors staff at Parks Victoria to build and maintain effective relationships to support delivery of the VGO and PLES programs across Taungurung Country. Plus assisting Parks Victoria to ensure VGO and PLES project milestones are met
- Assist in the provision of advice on protection of Aboriginal cultural heritage sites during the development and maintenance of recreation sites
- Work with Parks Victoria to establish processes for shared project planning and delivery of Victoria’s Great Outdoors projects
- Identify opportunities for VGO and PLES programs delivery to align with Traditional Owner rights and aspirations and assist the Department to realise those aspirations
- Coordinate the development of content for interpretive and naming signs for VGO and PLES projects
- Participate in Parks Victoria forums to support the planning, governance, coordination and delivery of Victoria’s Great Outdoors program and Public Land Stimulus programs and Taungurung participation in decision-making about Country
- Support the implementation of Traditional Owner rights under the Traditional Owner Settlement Act 2010, including the negotiation of activities identified through the Land Use Activity Agreement and Natural Resource Agreement
- Develop appropriate monitoring and evaluation approaches, which seek to track success indicators against implementation of the Workplan and ensure that reporting obligations are met.
Essential knowledge and skills
- Tertiary qualifications (preferred) or strong experience and capability in one or more of the following areas: environmental science, conservation and land management, land management planning, participatory natural resource management in cross-cultural contexts, cultural heritage management.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Problem solving – ability to anticipate problems and pre-empt required actions.
- Project management – monitoring, evaluation, reporting
- Knowledge and understanding of the political, social and economic issues affecting Aboriginal Victorians and, specifically, of the provisions of the Traditional Owner Settlement Act
- Victorian Driver’s licence.
- Good professional judgment
- High ethical standards and personal integrity
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in relation to sensitive information
- A strong work ethic and an ability to attend to duties without constant supervision and direction
- Strong organizing and time management habits
- High emotional intelligence
Adherence to Code of Conduct
All TLaWC staff must comply fully with the staff Code of Conduct.
Key Performance Indicators
- TLaWC actively supports the delivery of Victoria’s Great Outdoors program
- VGO and PLES staff in TLaWC and Parks Victoria understand traditional owner rights and aspirations in relation to the VGO program.
- There is a significant increase in the number of Taungurung names allocated to places funded for upgrades under the VGO program.
- VGO and PLES project milestones are met in collaboration with Parks Victoria.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.