Taungurung Land and Waters Council
A rewarding employment opportunity for a Biik Land Management Director has become available at the Taungurung Land and Waters Council (TLaWC). We are the corporate representative of the Taungurung people. As a Registered Aboriginal Party (2009), TLaWC serves to uphold the interests of Taungurung people with respect to Culture and Country.
The Director, Biik Land Management is part of the senior leadership team of the Biocultural Landscapes Division. The position will lead, with support with other Directors, the strategic direction, vision and objectives of the TLaWC Biik Land Management unit ensuring that the Taungurung community’s aspirations for the health of Country and reinvigoration of cultural practices are realised.
The role will oversee the development and delivery of on Country operations of the Biik Land Management unit, ensuring delivery of high quality, market leading services.
The role will ensure and support collaboration between RAP, CLM and Biik units to ensure smooth, efficient and successful Biocultural Landscapes Programs Delivery.
This role will also oversee the development and delivery of operational systems for CLM Programs where there is a particularly strong on Country element.
Status: Full Time
Location: Alexandra, with flexibility for some work from home
TLaWC is supportive of secondment opportunities
Benefits to working with TLaWC:
- Paid days off over the Christmas period
- Paid day off for your Birthday
- NFP Salary sacrifice benefits
- Additional tax-free salary packaging on dining and accommodation expenses
- Training and development opportunities
- Access to free and confidential Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Contributing to useful and rewarding work and giving back to the community
- Oversee the development and implementation of a Biik Land Management Strategic Plan and Business Plan. This includes future growth plans for key streams of Biiks work in line with the Strategy’s aforementioned.
- Oversee all financial and economic development and planning to ensure Biik is financially resilient, with support from TLaWC Corporate Services
- Oversee the development of the overall capability and capacity of TLaWC NRM teams in line with TLaWC strategic goals.
- Take responsibility for leading development and implementation of all operational systems that will advance Taungurung rights and interests in the planning and management of Country.
- Provide strategic advice and oversight of operational program development and delivery of the Cultural Land Management Strategy that will guide the appropriate management of the entire Taungurung estate, with which all State program development into the future will need to comply.
- Take responsibility for budgeting, reporting and compliance associated with relevant grant funding associated with the responsibilities of this role
- Provide Strategic advice and advocacy in engaging with a range of stakeholders on NRM and Country management matters.
- Where relevant, prepare high quality briefs, submissions, reports and presentations for TLaWC Executive Management and/or government and non-government partners.
- Actively contribute to the development and implementation of broader organisational policies, systems, procedures and processes that will ensure a best practice approach to everything TLaWC does.
- Lead and support implementation of an effective OHSMS through allocation of required resources. Direct and support employees to contribute to the effectiveness of OHSMS.
Download the job description from www.taungurung.com.au/careers
- Submit the following documents to email@example.com;
o Cover Letter
Applications close 14 February 2024
If you have any questions before making a formal application, please contact – Matt 0439 619 813
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.