The primary focus of the role is to undertake NRM (Natural Resource Management) and other field work on-country for Biik Environmental.
This role sits within the Biik Environmental division, this is the TLaWC natural resource management service delivery enterprise. Biik Environmental is a subsidiary owned by TLaWC and managed as a business by the Biik General Manager.
Biik Environmental is guided by the TLaWC Cultural and Natural Resource Management strategy. The works it undertakes align with the leading principals of Healing Country, Reading Country, Caring for Country.
Based in Alexandra
Please see full job description here
- Undertake supervised work as part of a field-based works team, which will often involve remote locations (eg high country) and require staying away from home
- As directed, undertake on-country activites including but not limited too; Flora management, fauna management, fire management, operate small machinery, operate larger machinery, apply hazardous substances, monitor flora, monitor fauna, operate 4wdrive offroad and in uneven terrain.
- Undertake property maintenance work on TLaWC properties.
- Relevant administration tasks when required.
- Adhere to TLAWC safety management system and safety protocols
- Any other on-country or off country duties, as directed by the Biik Leadership team or by higher level Biik team staff.
- Comply with all safety policies, procedures and work instructions to support a safe work environment for all staff.
- Physically fit and able to undertake field-based labouring tasks
- Ability to work effectively within small teams
- A willingness to follow instruction and communicate effectively with other Biik and TLaWC staff
- A willingness to follow and apply safe work practices in accordance with industry standards and OH&S requirements.
- A current Victorian Driver’s Licence
- Ability to pass a National Police Check.
Positions are for on-going casual employment based on available work.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.