Taungurung Land and Waters Council
A rewarding employment opportunity for a Biocultural Diversity Program Coordinator has become available at the Taungurung Land and Waters Council (TLaWC). We are the corporate representative of the Taungurung people. As a Registered Aboriginal Party (2009), TLaWC serves to uphold the interests of Taungurung people with respect to Culture and Country.
The role will work with the Biocultural Diversity Program Manager to deliver program activities identified in the Biocultural Diversity Program Plan. The role will support Taungurung goals with regard to the healing and management of biocultural diversity on Country and support a process of ever-increasing Taungurung involvement in the conservation and culturally influenced management of biocultural knowledge and values across traditional lands.
- Part time 0.6 FTE, 12 month contract
- Based in Alexandra, with flexibility to work from home
- Work with a supportive and empowering team that are passionate about Caring for Country
- Paid days off over Christmas
Full Job Description available here
- Co-ordinate biocultural field work and monitoring activities with Biik Environmental. (Our Natural Resource Management team)
- Manage the population of the Biocultural Diversity Participatory Monitoring and Evaluation Framework
- Liaise across TLaWCs CLM (Cultural Land Management) Team Leads and other TLaWC internal teams as required to support co-ordinated work effort and effective use of resources.
- Lead the development of consistent methods and protocols for working with Biocultural values across all CLM programs
- Support the delivery of Biocultural Diversity Program events on Country
- Support the development of information management protocols relating to ICIP (Indigenous Cultural and Intellectual Property).
- Support the preliminary development of a Seasonal Calendar.
- Submit the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Document addressing the key selection criteria
- Details of two professional referees
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.