Open to artists, photographers, weavers, sculptors,
graphic designers and mixed-media artists.
TCAC are running a competition open to all Taungurung members. The object is to create a piece of artwork to be featured on the front page of the Recognition and Settlement Agreement. Not only is this a great honour to be featured on this historical document but the winner will also receive a $1500 cash prize.
We would like to broaden the scope for this competition and invite artists from many fields to submit their works, including sculptors, painters, photographers, weavers, and graphic designers.
The key theme is to create a piece that is inspired by Taungurung culture or country. Your piece can be influenced Taungurung creation stories, country, cultural items, language, moieties, dance or any aspect of your Taungurung identity that you wish to express.
If you are a weaver or create artistic works in 3-dimensional form then we ask for you to submit a high quality/high resolution photo of your work.
Terms and Conditions
- Information on how to enter the competition forms part of these terms and conditions of entry. Entry into the competition is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- Promoter is Taungurung Clans Aboriginal Corporation (ABN 47 145 916 168) of 37 High Street, Broadford, VIC 3658 (Promoter).
- All submissions are to be sent via email or post and must be received no later by the end of day 10 October 2018.
- The competition is open to all TCAC members only, apart from TCAC office staff. Please refer to our membership page if you would like to know more about becoming a member.
- The completed piece must be suitably sized to fit the front of an A4 document. N.b: Assistance can be provided to resize your document. Please contact Jessica, Communications and Projects Officer at TCAC if you need assistance formatting your artwork.
- The submission is to be accompanied with a short blurb which briefly outlines your inspiration
- In submitting a piece you allow TCAC full usage of the image. TCAC may use the image for all documents, products, promotions and activities, including (but not restricted to): letterhead, reports, presentations, publications, documents, clothing, banners, signage, brochures, poster, postcards, merchandise, website, social media, apps etc.
- The artist allows TCAC to crop, adapt, or alter the image with respect to artist integrity, for usage listed in previous point.
- The artist retains copyright of their works
- The artist retains moral rights of their works and TCAC will acknowledge artist as the creator of image where possible
- For 3-dimensional works – You will need to submit a photo of your work. You must be the creator of the works. You are permitted however, to employ a third party to take the photo of your works. We request high quality/high resolution photos.
- For photographic entries – You will need to state the type of camera you used to take the photo. Landscape photos must be taken on Taungurung country. Please specify where you have taken the photo. If an individual or group appear in the photographic image you must gain prior consent to use that person’s image.
- You are permitted to submit only one entry for each of the following categories – sculpture, weaving, photographic, graphic design, painting/drawing – in other words, you can submit multiple entries as long as each one belongs to a different category
- There will be one winner to be chosen by TCAC staff.
- The winner will receive a total cash prize of $1500.
- In winning the prize the artist may be required to pay tax. TCAC accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from accepting a prize. Independent financial advice should be sought.
Good luck! If you have any questions feel free to contact Jessica at TCAC.
Complete the form in the attachment above and email your entry to:
Or send via Post:
PO BOX 505
Broadford, VIC 3658
Or submit your entry online via the following form: